Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Hopeless Drivel

i've got to get this off my chest.

The Alumnus magazine just came in through the mail. It confirmed my worst fears - the article that I wrote had been re-written, reinterpreted and remade into a piece of hopeless drivel.

Now now, I'm really not exaggerating. A magical transformation. Enabled by some poor editor hack that had to meet deadlines on the various articles. Don't really blame her (no sexism here, I emailed the lady the article). No wonder I didn't get a reply on the draft I sent.

Why am I disturbed? Maybe the idealist in me had hoped for it to be published as is. I get my pieces edited an awful lot at work. But I''m not so disturbed. Maybe its because its done be highly credible editors. Maybe its because hard work, not heart work goes into those pieces.

On a second read it really doens't seem that bad.

At least I look less well-rounded in the pictures I submitted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home